ZBrush to Photoshop CC v1.0 for ZBrush 4R7 P3 (x64) and ZBrush 4R8
(This plugin has had limited testing and could contain potential bugs; please save your work before using!)
- Pixologic's ZBrush 4R7 p3 (x64) (ZBrush should say 'p3 (x64)' in the top left corner) or above.
- Adobe Photoshop CC
Installation Instructions (for ZBrush 4R7)
1. Close ZBrush 4R7 P3
2. Extract the Zip file
3. Copy the contents of the folder ZBrushToPhotoshop_Install ('ZBrushToPhotoshop_4R7.zsc' and the 'ZBrushToPhotoshop_4R7' folder) to Pixologic/ZBrush 4R7/ZStartup/ZPlugs64/
4. Launch ZBrush (x64)
5. Scale Master will be located in the ZPlugins Tab at the top [ZPlugin:ZBrush To Photoshop]
6. This plugin has had limited testing and could contain potential bugs; please save your work before using!
Q. The Plugin is not showing up under the plugins tab?
A. Make sure the *.ZSC file and the Folder (with its contents) are extracted correctly to Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\
Back Left Light.zli
Back Right Light.zli
Back Top Light.zli
Q. I have the Plugin installed correctly but it still is not showing up?
A. Make sure you are running the (x64) version of ZBrush. ZBrush should be launching with ZBrush64.exe on Windows or ZBrush64.app on OSX.
Q. The plugin is working but Photoshop is not Launching?
A. The plugin uses a ExtendScript *.JSX file to transfer the passes to Photoshop CC. Make sure that Photoshop CC is the default application to open up the *.JSX file.
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button and then clicking Default Programs.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Click the *.JSX file type in the list.
- Click Change program.
- Click the program that you want to use as the default for the file type you selected, or click the arrow next to Other Programs to show additional programs (Photoshop CC.)
- If you don't see Other Programs, or your program is not listed, click Browse to find the program you want to use, and then click Open. If no other programs are installed that are able to open the file type or protocol, your choices will be limited.
- If you don't see the program you want to use as the default, click the arrow next to Other Programs to see a list of programs available on your computer.
- Click OK.
On Mac OS X:
- Navigate to the ZStartup\ZBrushToPhotoshop_4R7\Passes\ directory in Finder.
- Select the *.JSX file
- Open the File Menu at the top and select ‘Get Info’
- Click the “Open with:” sub menu, then click on the context menu and select the new application to associate all files of this format type with (Photoshop CC.)
- Click the “Change All” button and confirm the change.
Q. My Hardrive is running out of space, how can I clear the cache for the Plugin?
A. Click the 'Clear Layer Cache' Button. This will delete all the renders generated from ZBrush and stored in the Passes folder. (Use caution as this will break Smart Linking.)