The following is a list of significant changes that Update 1 makes for improved stability in ZBrush 4R8.
- Floating License Clients have been released with Patch 1.
- Added a "Modulate By Color" slider to NanoMesh.
- Boolean preference was added to allow user control to delete the temporary Make Boolean Mesh files.
- A Claytubes-Constant brush has been added. This will allow constant depth to the surface when a morph target is applied.
- A Brush3D Template Project has been added with a polygroup outline. This will make preparing VDM's easier.
- IMM Viewer
- Updated the IMM viewer to update instantly when inserting or deleting items.
- IMM Viewer to turn off /on immediately as user changes the preferences settings.
- IMM Viewer Preferences to save with any UI config.
- Brushes that have been saved with older versions will have the "Adaptive Map Size” in the Brush>Alpha and Texture menu set to zero in order to be compatible with earlier versions of ZBrush.
- ClayTubes brush will now have Fast Samples on by default in order to be compatible with earlier versions of ZBrush.
- The new shift-to-Line stoke will be auto-disabled when using Smoothing brush.
- Disabled pen pressure for all Insert Mesh brushes.
- Updated to turn off the new Shift Line when the Shift key is pressed before touching the surface.
- Shift line will no longer be used when using any Smooth brush.
- Brush Edge action inserts a single edge loop instead of multiple loops.
- Custom palettes may now be deleted and the UI will immediately reflect the change.
- Button Size can now be set to max 120. This will allow for large text and buttons. Ideal for larger displays.
- Custom palettes can now be deleted.
- The font on Mac OS X should now be easier to read.
- All visible SubTools are sent to the target application.
- 3D Print Hub will now export textures when a VRML is exported.
- 3D Print Hub can send to Preform and will send all visible SubTools.
- FBX Export now has merged UV's.
- Make Union Mesh is now support on OSX Mavericks 10.9
- The Subtool-Track of Timeline will be disabled by default in order to be compatible with earlier versions of ZBrush.
- The Inflate with Right Click on the Transpose Line has been removed.
This list is not comprehensive. It shows only the most significant updates. Other, smaller updates have been made as well.
Users that have not yet upgraded to ZBrush 4R8 can simply follow all instructions in our Download Center. Please do not skip Step 1.
People who have already upgraded to ZBrush 4R8 can browse to their ZBrush 4R8 folder and run the ZUpgrader application found there. This will update your copy of ZBrush to version 4R8 P1 and will not require you to activate again afterward.
- It is not recommended to run the Auto Update from within the ZPlugin palette in ZBrush. Please run the ZUpgrader application instead.
- If ZUpgrader does not work properly for you, download the stand-alone updater for your platform: Mac OS X or Windows. After downloading, this file may be run from any location on your computer, including the Downloads folder. It will update your 4R8 installation to 4R8 P1 without requiring you to activate ZBrush again afterward.
- If for some reason neither update method works properly for you -- or if you prefer to have a "fresh" ZBrush 4R8 P1 installation -- simply uninstall ZBrush 4R8 and then install 4R8 P1 using the full installer from Step 2 on the Download Center. After installing, you will need to use Web Activation to generate a replacement activation code.