This article explains how to activate ZBrush or ZBrushCore (Single-User or Volume licenses, versions 2018 and above) on a computer that has internet access.|
It is important that you be logged into the computer under an Administrator account when installing and activating your software. After activation, any user on the computer will be able to run your software.
Many antivirus programs are known to interfere with successful installation and/or activation. This includes (but is not limited to) Windows Defender, McAfee® and Norton®. It is recommended to temporarily disable or suspend your antivirus software before installing your software. You may enable it again after activating. (Your firewall typically does not matter and can be ignored unless it blocks ZBrush or ZBrushCore from communicating with the Pixologic servers when activating.)
We strongly recommend online activation:
If you have the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge, see this article for how to activate that after your software has been activated.
- Upon launching your software you will be greeted with the activation window.
- Enter your Pixologic ID and click Log In.
- If this is a situation where you don't want the person doing the activation to know the Pixologic ID password (such as when letting individual users activate under a Volume license) see this article for an alternative.
- Your default internet browser will open to a page which displays your active license(s), including the number of available activations for each item. For most users, you will have only one license displayed. Simply click the Select button next to the desired license to use it for activation.S
- Some web browsers (especially Firefox) do not allow themselves to be launched by Pixologic software. If your computer is connected to the internet and no web page opens after clicking the Log In button, first check to see if the window opened in the background behind ZBrush or ZBrushCore. If it did not, close the application and change your default web browser to a different one, such as Edge or Safari. Then restart your software to try again.
- On the next page you will be asked for a description of the computer where your license is being activated.
- The default will be the same computer name that has been assigned by your operating system.
- Whatever you enter here is what My Licenses will list for this activation in the future. Because you are allowed to have two activations per Single-User license (or more with Volume licenses), having a specific name will help you know one activation from anther when viewing your My Licenses page.
- Please use a meaningful, machine-specific description rather than a generic one like "Workstation."
- After submitting this description, you will receive a "Congratulations!" message about the activation. At this stage, you can close your browser page and go back to ZBrush or ZBrushCore.
- In ZBrush or ZBrushCore, click the "Check my License" button to have your software query the licensing server. Within moments, the activation should be verified and confirmed by a new window.
- After clicking the OK button, your software will start normally and is ready to be used.
If you have difficulties not covered by these instructions, please submit a Support ticket.