ZBrush 4R8 P1 is now available for download.
This patch is highly recommended for all users and includes the following new features:
- Floating License Clients have been released with Patch 1.
- IT Managers should submit a Support ticket for upgrade instructions.
- Added a "Modulate By Color" slider to NanoMesh.
- Boolean preference was added to allow user control to delete the temporary Make Boolean Mesh files.
- A Claytubes-Constant brush has been added. This will allow constant depth to the surface when a morph target is applied.
- A Brush3D Template Project has been added with a polygroup outline. This will make preparing VDM's easier.
The P1 patch also includes a number of changes for improved stability in ZBrush 4R8. See Here
Users that have not yet upgraded to ZBrush 4R8 can simply follow all instructions in our Download Center. Please do not skip Step 1.
Floating license users will need special upgrade instructions. Please have your IT manager submit a Support Ticket.
People who have already upgraded to ZBrush 4R8 can browse to their ZBrush 4R8 folder and run the ZUpgrader application found there. This will update your copy of ZBrush to version 4R8 P1 and will not require you to activate again afterward.
- It is not recommended to run the Auto Update from within the ZPlugin palette in ZBrush. Please run the ZUpgrader application instead.
- If ZUpgrader does not work properly for you, download the stand-alone updater for your platform: Mac OS X or Windows. After downloading, this updater may be run from any location on your computer, including the Downloads folder. It will update your 4R8 installation to 4R8 P1 without requiring you to activate ZBrush again afterward.
- If for some reason neither update method works properly for you -- or if you prefer to have a "fresh" ZBrush 4R8 P1 installation -- simply uninstall ZBrush 4R8 and then install 4R8 P1 using the full installer from Step 2 on the Download Center. After installing, you will need to use Web Activation to generate a replacement activation code.