ZBrush 2022 is a **FREE upgrade** for all registered ZBrush users.
ZBrush 2022.0.2 Makes the Following Changes
- Fixed: Issue in Mac version of program when using brush based surface noise set to “Local Projection Mode.
- Fixed: Brushes of the SnakeHook type now remember Dynamic Brush size setting when “Remember Dynamic Mode Per Brush is enabled” and Sculptris Pro mode is not enabled.
- Fixed: Gizmo Manipulator influence is now infinite when rotating if the Focal Shift is -100
- Fixed: Focal Shift reset to zero when exporting certain file formats
- Fixed: Script error when attempting to send to BevelPro while a texture map is selected.
- Fixed: Axis flipping sometimes occurred with BevelPro.
- Fixed Gizmo Focal Shift set to zero with some plugins.
- Fixed: issue related to Stager with 2D planar geometry
ZBrush 2022.0.1 Makes the Following Changes
Modified Gizmo3D so that fall-off is also available when using the Gizmo on 3D primitives AND when using the Gizmo with deformers. For example, if you test the Deformer/Deformer Soft/Deformer Hard you’ll see that the deformed points will not move/scale/rotate when respecting the fall-off setting.
Fixed display issue after using Move brush.
Fixed Adjust Last not working when assigned to a hotkey.
Fixed crash the Gizmo on the primitive before it’s converted into a PolyMesh.
Fixed missing Image Plane plugin on Windows.
Fixed FBX import of meshes/cameras with duplicate names.
Fixed HomePage “no connection” display screen.
ZBrush 2022 FEATURES
Enhance your ZBrush experience with these additions:
Create embossed surfaces in stunning detail with the new Bas Relief features in ZBrush. Position your model as desired and project all visible meshed into the selected mesh.
Load any model and create a Bas Relief alpha from camera view to be used to create raised sections of detail that closely resemble the results of traditional relief sculpture.
The new Bevel Pro plugin allows you to create complex bevels for meshes at any resolution without low-poly modeling. Suitable for meshes of medium-to-high resolution, Bevel Pro allows you to use masking and PolyGroups to determine exactly which edges to bevel. Adjust and preview your results non-destructively, and even create your bevels as separate sections of geometry for use with Live Boolean.
Note: On Windows, Bevel Pro requires a video card supporting Vulkan 1.1 or above. On macOS it requires Metal, which is automatic with OSX 10.14 and later but may not be supported on machines running earlier operating systems. If your card does not meet this requirement, Bevel Pro will not work but the rest of the ZBrush 2022 feature set will still be available to you.
Brushes now support dual alphas and textures, allowing you to transition between the two based on the pen pressure of your stroke. Create striking blends of color and detail with this versatile new feature!
Brush Surface Noise with Local Projection
Apply any image, graphical noise or noise presets to a brush for local sculptural surface noise details. Use Brush Size or pen pressure sensitivity to adjust the noise scale on the fly. Local Projection will give a unique way to reapply any noise by position of the brush. This feature shines when creating environment pieces or applying skin details.
Instantly redistribute multiple SubTools, or the geometry within a single SubTool with a single button press. Similar to alignment features found in other programs, you can now align meshes to the left, right or center, and by the top or bottom edges.
KnifeCircle & KnifeSquare
The new Knife brushes now support the Circle and Rectangle stroke types. Cut through meshes cleanly with these tools where the resulting cut accurately reflects the stroke.
Enhanced Stroke Interpolation
The Stroke Interpolation feature can now use ZIntensity, Brush Size, RGB Intensity, and Front and Back Colors to transition between strokes with a set number of steps. Create dazzling blends and intricate patterns of color and detail between two strokes on the surface of your mesh.
- Stager now has a Copy/Paste option.
- Stager now has an Interpolate option.
- Edge Detect option added to Spotlight allows users to interactively highlight the edges of an image for various effects.
- Visibility Sets: Store up to 8 Sets of your SubTools in different visibility configurations.
- ScribeStandard and ScribeChisel brushes added. They both take advantage of the Curve Sub-Steps slider.
- Gizmo can apply soft deformation with its falloff adjusted by Focal Shift.
- FBX will now import images with camera angles. Ideal when using photogrammetry or image planes from other applications.
- Deformation actions from the Deformation menu can now affect multiple SubTools simultaneously with the Gizmo Multi-Select option.
- Dynamesh Resolution can now be sampled directly from a mesh on the canvas by dragging from its slider to target mesh polygons.
- Added a Mask By Depth function to mask the model based on each point’s distance from the camera.
- Added a Mask By Normals function that will mask polygons that do not directly face the camera.
- Secondary alpha to all brushes.
- Secondary texture to all brushes.
- Two test scribe-brushes "ScribeStandard" and "ScribeChisel."
- "Interpolate" feature to the Stager palette.
- BevelPro plugin to add bevels to medium-to-high resolution meshes.
- Bas-Relief feature to Tool >> Geometry sub-palette.
- Bas-Relief feature to Alpha Palette
- Local projection feature to brush surface noise. Added two sample brushes 'Pattern01' and 'Pattern02'.
- “Open XMD Toolbox” to File palette.
- 8 visibility sets to SubTools.
- "DynaMesh Resolution Picker"
- "Align" and “Distribute” features to SubTools. When Multiple subtools are visible, ZBrush will do alignment/distribution between subtools. If only one SubTool is visible (or when in Solo mode) then ZBrush will apply the alignment/distribution of the currently selected tool only.
- Edge-Detection filter to Spotlight.
- Copy and Paste functions to Stager.
- Texture Grab flat or shaded options.
- Gizmo soft deformation, adjusted with Focal Shift.
- KnifeRect and KnifeCircle brushes
- Rename and Do Visible >> Copy/Paste Stager options to SubTool Master
- Mask by Normals and Mask by Depth to Tool >> Masking sub-palette
- The curves stepping code and added a slider that controls sub-steps in the stroke palette.
- The curve drawing code to auto-apply the stroke when the stroke type is drag-dot.
- The basic deformations (such as scale, offset...) now respect transform-MultiSelection mode.
- FBX Import to load Camera background images when available.
- Draw >> Cameras with options to load images and change model opacity.
- "Align" and "Distribute" subtools respect transform-MultiSelection mode;
- 'AdjustLast stroke' will now skip simple mesh movement
- Improved the Stroke-Interpolate to also interpolate Brush Size, Z Intensity, RGB Intensity, Front Color, and Back Color.
- When creating a mesh from alpha, planar UV will now auto-apply.
- Make BasRelief will also grab the texture at the same time.
- Using "To Mesh" from alpha will auto-apply any selected texture as polypaint.
- Brush noise now respects ZSub/ZAdd mode. (Previous versions were only ZAdd modes).
- A problem related to "Adjust Last" feature and Undo
- Crash with "Deformer"
- When multi-curve brushes are used with inserted meshes, editing one stroke smooths the others.
- Issue with saving and loading iMage3d Gif format on macOS.
- Typo in warning pop-up.
- Timeline track time numbers not displaying correctly.
- Improved Image Plane to handle higher resolution meshes distorting background images.
ZBrush 2022 is a FREE UPGRADE for all registered ZBrush users.
Upgrading (Existing ZBrush Users)
Please see our Knowledgebase Article for detailed instructions on how to upgrade, based upon your license type and current version number.
Mac users please note: Before installing ZBrush 2022, make sure your operating system is 10.11 or newer.